Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Arabic Final and Jackie's Birthday

Today we took our Arabic final, and I thought it went pretty well. Now all that's left is the "hafla" (party) tomorrow!

After class (we got out early) I came back and did some work and then napped. Really exciting. Anyways, eventually we brought out the cake we bought for Jackie, because today was her 21st birthday. Then we all went out on a felucca ride on the Nile. It was really nice to see all of the lit-up boats at night, and we had a lot of fun dancing and just cruising around.

1. INTENSE: Taking this intensive Arabic class (4 hours a day, 4 days a week) was tough, but i think it's made me realize that exposure really is the best way to learn a language. The repetition allows me to hear the words pronounced correctly in my head, and after a while it becomes easier to pronounce everything because you have those examples in your mind. I may want to do some more intensive language studies in the future.

2. uh-oh: today I went to Metro and bought 4 yogurts, a bag of pita bread, hummus, and 4 bananas and I paid about 15 Egyptian pounds for all of it. That is less than 3 USD. Going to Syria and going home is going to be rough.

3. Felucca!:

No comments:

Post a Comment